crossroads

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by midtnstone, Sep 28, 2004.

1. midtnstone

midtnstone LawnSite Member
    from mid tn

i am at a crossroad in life i think i am ready to tell my current employer to stick it, and do installs full time. i guess i am a little scared though because i have a real good job for the area i live in. i was wondering if any of you been through this and what did you do. by that i mean i do have bills that i got to pay plus a family to take care of. on the other hand i feel like i could do so much more if i didnt work at my job because we work 12 hour nights so i have to plan everything around this. not to even touch the subject that i dont like my job. so for all of you that are sitting there drinking coors beer just think that i could be at home in bed if you would just drink miller or bud. thank for you insight

2. Coffeecraver

Coffeecraver LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA.

Don't burn the bridge
    Give two weeks notice.

There is more to the business than just doing installs,you still may need those late nights to do paper work and advertising.

3. KurtisInIowa

KurtisInIowa LawnSite Member

Yep I hear ya. I'm pondering the same thing. Easier said than done for sure, but still very tempting.
    Good luck with your decision, I know it's a hard one.

Kapt_K