Crpenter Ants

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TLS, Jun 12, 2001.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I have a carpenter Ant problem in my home and lawn. Two weeks ago I bought a 25 lb bag of Diazinon and spread it around the perimeter of the house. It has since rained REAL hard a few times. I also got some aresol spray (ant and roach killer) and sprayed all window sills and door sills. I have them now and then in the house, but most crawl in (through the barriers) I guess, and die in the house.

I was wondering if there is a chemical (liquid or granular) that can be applied to the lawn and what can I use around and in the house? Dont want to spend the $250 for a pest control company if I dont have to.

ADLAWNCUTTERS LawnSite Member

sorry to hear about your problem.i hade them a few years ago when i bought my sounds like you have a nest inside your are going to have to find the nest. you most likely have hundreds inside your wall.they like to hang out in moist areas. check for a roof leek .they love bathrooms too.they are most active at night. if you wait till night follow them .they might take to thier nest. if you don't feel like going threw all of that ,it might be quicker and easier to pay someone. in my case i had to get them i declared war on them .good luck.....
  3. Go to Lesco and buy a box of ant killer bait stations.

I also put one in all my cars and trucks.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I really DONT think they are in my house. With that Diazinon barrier, they are crossing it, coming in under doors and dying on the floors. None in basement, none at all in bathroom. I was just wondering if there is something better than Diazinon, and what could I spray the walls of the house (brick) that will have a residual effect? I will try the bait traps, again.

Thanks Guys!