Crushed Glass?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Adamp247, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Adamp247

Adamp247 LawnSite Member

I'm putting together a bid for a commercial property in town. The company color is blue, so the lady wanted to incorporate "blue crushed glass" into the mulch beds, etc. I'm not completely sure who would sell crushed glass for a landscape. Am I just naive? Do I have to buy it at a craft store?! Anyway, if you know what she's talking about and could give me some pointers, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

They use it in gas fire places etc. i think the right term is glass bead or something
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

4. Adamp247

Adamp247 LawnSite Member

Awesome responses. I wonder if any landscape suppliers carry it around here... I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Thanks for the website, VO. I found exactly what she was talking about on the website.

I love LawnSite. Such a bounty of knowledge! You guys are the best.

5. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

6. gunsnroses

gunsnroses LawnSite Senior Member

Interesting... Not sure I understand what she has in mind, but this stinks of trouble to me in many ways....careful

7. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Highly imaginative, incredibly inventive...
    this could be a PITA Project OR something that you point to with pride...

Artistic creativity is always fun... :)

8. Grant11

Grant11 LawnSite Senior Member

If you think to take a couple pics of the finished product. I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I'd be interested to see how this turns out. Good luck!

9. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

would marbles work?!?!

10. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Sounds expensive to me, be sure to give her the estimate once you know the cost of whatever materials you find and show her samples. Also give her the cost using the common mulch. She might be thinking it can't be that much more, which could lead to problems once done.

Showing her samples, she can't come back on you and say "I don't like that!".

Good luck, this might just start a new trend.