Crying Shame

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Sep 15, 2005.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

:cry: Thanks to drought conditions here in NJ, we did only 42% of all of our props this week in 4 days (not full ones) either. Last time I saw it this bad was in August of '99. Thankfully though, Hurricane Floyd came through and dropped 11 inches of rain and cured that problem.

Not so sure what will happen this time though...
  2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a good area for irrigation installations?
  3. rodfather

Most of our props ed are in the 2-5 acre size, a number of them even bigger than that.
  4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Glad you got some good rain, we're still sucking wind although we did get a little..........
  5. rodfather

LOL, right now I feel like the 13th piglet on a 12-membered sow Dave...
  6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Yup, I can understand that............... :waving:
  7. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Rod.. So you know you're not alone.. it's getting ugly here too. I cut very little this week.. mostly by choice though. I spent the last 3 days putting down 3000# of fert. Now I need one good rain this week and one good rain next week... so I can start aerating!

Let us pray.. :angel:
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

It is very dry in CT as well. We did get a little rain today, but are still way behind on rainfall...
  9. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Its dry here. The grass is starting to take a beating from the sun. Although this is a nice break for me, now I can start cutting every other week and still bring in the $$.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yup, it's a bad scene. this is why, next year, i'll be selling tomatoes. do you realize, that in the store, they are selling for $1.99 a pound? i got beefsteaks here that weight close to a pound each! i'm gonna level 60% of the property, and grow tomatoes and zuccinni. "fresh produce, organically grown, delivered to your door." yup, inject them with water, increase the weight on each by 20%, sell them for $179 per pound, and we be livin large