CT 322 scam?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by turfquip, Jan 16, 2008.

1. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

2. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I will take all he can supply. I lost a bid on a totaled out one. I bid $8,500.00. Wrong price or scam. I hope they do not think anyone is that dumb.

3. Canon Landscaping

Canon Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Was that our totaled machine you bid on ? We bid 10,000 on it and didn't get it.

4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

How stupid are people, bidding on something that expensive online??

I will NEVER buy anything online worth over $1000 that I can't see in person.

5. Cantona

Cantona LawnSite Member

I have bought show cars online that I have not seen in person with no problems. Don't assume everybody is stupid. You can do a lot online and not get burnt if you are careful.

6. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

I bid 5,000 on yours. I had a guy get to close to a big whole and ran off into it and bent the frame so I tried 8500.00 on it to see. BobcatRon, We had the machines Canon and I are talking about on our lot and was bidding with the insurance company not e-bay.

7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I've had better luck than in person. Lots of machines are bought either with a picture or two or if in person some I never even try out. Online most of the people with super bad experiences are dealing with machines that never existed. Scams such as this one.