1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CT Commercial Exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by BSDeality, Apr 25, 2005.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone taken the Ornamental & Turf Commercial exam in CT? I am going to take it on Friday afternoon and would like to know anything that could help me through it. My professors here have all taken their exams years ago and can't offer much insight.
  2. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

Make sure you know how to read a label-lots of questions on that
    practice the math but not the real hard ones.
    the multiple choice are hard because of multi answers-
    they might ask which are annuals etc.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

did they stress the ID of plants and disease? Also could you give me an idea of a question or two on the exam? When did you take the test?

thanks alot
  4. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

they showed 10 slides to weed id.
    I took it in march
    a question would ask about sod webworm and you would have to circle all
    the correct answers out of 5 choices.
    thats how its hard ea question might have 5 correct answers or 1 answer.
  5. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

I took the same test as Lawn and stump did and I missed it by 4 points. I aced the safety part but missed the others. Weed ID was simple but what I didn't study I failed. I know this thread is a bit old but if you didn't take the test yet i suggest going to the classes. It will help you in the sense they will tell you what you need to study. i haven't retaken my test yet but the wife is pushing me to so i will be taking it again soon. Good luck.
  6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I passed the test years ago, don't really remember much. Though do rememeber the oral part and that was hard!