CT GVWR Laws and when do you need a CDL

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by CutRight, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Duffster

Duffster LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

I see now. :drinkup:

2. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

If you've ever seen a Dodge D800, you can find those with hydraulic brakes and a need for a Class A license when towing a 10K+1 trailer. Just don't expect that truck to get better than 6 MPG on the highway. Empty. Or more than 100 miles on the tiny 16/18 gallon tank.

3. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

I pass those all the time...in museums.

Same rule applies here for trailering, you can tow with a B,C, or D license up to 10K, but any heavier requires the driver to have a A license for 'transport truck'.

4. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

it doesnt require an airbrake endoresment besause there is no such thing.i am so tired of hearing about this "air brake endorsment" i just wish someone would show me in writing were this thing is.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

No Air Brakes is a restriction. If the restriction isn't on your license, then you've got the right to drive a vehicle in your Class of license with air brakes.

6. Duffster

from Midwest

Canada :waving:

There is a blast from the past.

7. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

Yup. Anyone can drive any vehicle with hydraulic brakes, no endorsement is required to say you CANNOT drive a vehicle without air brakes, but you require an endorsement to drive a vehicle WITH air brakes here - north of the border.
    It's more money for the government is all it is. Gramma could write the air brake 'test' and do a practical test in less than an hour, and $75 later she can upgrade the brakes on her mini-van.

8. Duffster

from Midwest

Not to kkkkkkkkkkk.gif but I got an interesting email from Floriduh if anyone is interested. Whislte.gif

kkkkkkkkkkk.gif

Whislte.gif

9. Duffster

from Midwest

What? Nobody wants to see it? :laugh:

Here it is anyway.

:drinkup:

10. AdvLandscapeLLC

AdvLandscapeLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am incredibly confused by all of this I have a Dodge ram 3500 with a gvrw of 11500# and a 16ft goose neck dump trailer with a gross of 14000 lbs my total is 25000# . Do I need a CDL do I not?? the state of CT site is absolutely useless with its information it is not clear and concise at all. Any help would be awesome.*trucewhiteflag*