CT Test

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gmgbo, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I am gong to take the ct applicators test in feb. I have used the searh and read everything about it and have called the places that offer classes for it, but they all have already started. So my question is: What exactly is on the test. I have read the core manual and a few other books, but what should i look over again?

Thanks

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you need to know pesticide names trade and scientific. that is the hardest part of the test. you also need to know how to do all the math conversions

3. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

I first passed the CT Supervisory in 1986 & it was a brutal item to prepare for.

Then in 1995 I let it expire so had to retake the exam. It is a much easier test today.

Seventy five safety questions right from the Core manual.
    Seventy five technical questions right from the Category manual.
    Ten (or so) math/calibration related questions.

If you pass Hartford will notify you in writing of the verbal test date. This is where they find out what you're really made of. The idea here is to make sure you have something more than just book smarts & will determine what action you'll take in a situation when you don't know the correct course of action (IE grace under pressure) - hint- don't lie, guess or make anything up. Know when to admit you don't know & explain you have the resources to find out before you act.

At some point you'll also need to identify some simple lawn weeds & diseases from photographs as well as a few mounted insect samples. None of them are very difficult.

Good luck & say "hello" to Linda & Chris for me!

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

tremor when did you take the test? I took it in May 2005 and there were dozens of Chemical questions. If you have no experience with them there is no way you can guess your way through them.

5. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

1986 & again a few years ago which was just after a personal "health related distraction". I have some chemical experience. Didn't study & got 2 wrong. Trying to rush those darn parking meters.

6. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

I found a class today that the DEP offer through uconn, I start next week.