1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

CT trade show

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnguy, Jan 3, 2001.

1. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

The Connecticut Groundkeepers Association trade show is at the Hartford Civic Center February 28 this year. Mark your calendars.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks Bill, I haven't recived my registration papers yet.
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

is this show for anybody or do you have to register and receive tickets to the show. im just an 18 yr old kid getting into the business but id be interested in going to this. does anyone have info on how i can get into the show?
  4. thelawnguy

Anybody can go. Its usually $5 cheaper for pre-reg than day of show walk-in. But, no refunds on pre-reg. Last year walk-ins were $35, well worth it in my opinion just in free samples of roundup, software, coffee mugs etc.

Its at the exhibition hall (basement) of the Civic Center.

See you there.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thanks lawnguy. thats what i was wondering.
  6. EDL

EDL LawnSite Member
    from MA

Bill is there a web site we can go to, to receieve the reigstration or a phone number. Thanks Tom
  7. thelawnguy

Contact SLSNursery (check the memberlist upper right corner of the screen) the guy from there is an officer at CGKA.
  8. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Anything going on back home in July?? I'll be home for 3 weeks or so. Let me know.

When's the Big E ??
  9. thelawnguy

July??? Nothing happens round here in July! Lots of car shows, thats about it. And the river festival in Hartford during the 4th.

Seriously, I post any relevant events as I learn of them.

Big E runs mid-September-October, first weekend.
  10. SLSNursery

SLSNursery LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys -

I've been busy and haven't had a chance to sign on lately. The show mailings will go out this month. To add yourself to the list call (203) 699-9912 or e-mail our office - CGKA@snet.net. If you have any questions about the show, or want information about joining the Connecticut grounds Keepers Association contact me (Phil) at SLSNursery@aol.com.

Should be a good trade show, and plenty of recertification credits for pesticide license holders.

We have a speaker from ALCA coming, who is right on top of industry activity, happenings, etc.

I expect to have information on the CLT program CGKA will be running as an ALCA franchisee.

There will be technical and informative lectures

Scholarships are awarded to UCONN Plant Science students

You'll have a chance to meet plenty of other companies for an exciting trade show with a couple hundred vendor booths.

I hope to see you there.