CTL Steel tracks and mulcher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Construct'O, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Attached Files:

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I've seen that posted on HEF.

And I can register again. Maybe I'll try for shot #4 at being banned.

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I presume that is really a cat right?

4. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, a 287 that SuperTrak custom builds. They juice it up to 130 horses I think it is, add a bunch of stuff to handle the mulching head, and to top it all off they manage to throw steel tracks on it.

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

why not just buy a fecon if your that serious for mulching?

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

The cutting head on that unit is a Fecon Bullhog. Should give plenty of tree shredding action.

7. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

A local guy just burned his up. Had to send it all the way back to FL for service. That's a long way from TX.

If you want to see something KOOL, check out the mini Iron Wolf on the ASV platform. That's an agressive setup but, as I have come to find out, anything short of a BIG machine is just going to be mediocre performance and high maintenance. I think the Iron wolf head looks incredible, though, and it definitely is more aggressive than the fecon style but how much HP can you fit into an ASV body?

8. AMCAT

AMCAT LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Does that unit have the same Mitsubishi Engine as the 287B CAT ??? If it does 130 HP sounds a little high :cool2:

9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

the dennis climaf sp? heads work far better with less hp. they chip, not beat it and shread it. hit a rock and the show is over though.

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

No, it uses an CAT C4 engine, Cat's engine, not a Cat branded, remember, Cat doesn't make engines under 100 horses, they only brand them because they own the names like Perkins and Mitsubishi.