1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, May 3, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You emailed me asking about holding the blades in a + possition. Your email address isn't working and you need one that works here on Lawnsite.com so please update that in your profile. Here is my response I tried to email you.

If you look on my double blade page, there is a picture of the double blade brackets that will hold them in the + position. They have a 5/8" hole in them, so if your bolts are 5/8" they should work. You can purchase them at a local Dixie Chopper Dealer. If they don't have them in stock, have them order them from the factory. They have them there.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

eric--do I understand your reply to mean that the brackets will fit on any spindle that is 5/8"? do you recall the cost? thanks.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

When I picked up my 2001 diesel Chopper it had double blades on it and the brackets. They knew I would not mow with it unless it had doubles on it, so they threw them in. :)

I never did price them, but I heard they are around $15 each. Check with a local DC dealer. I would guess that most DC dealers still haven't heard of them, but let them know the factory stocks them.

CLARKE LawnSite Member

Just checked it today about the brackets the DC
    dealer said $15.00 per set or per x or $45.00 for
    a set of three, I thought this was a bit high
    for some fancy spacers but Eric says it would be
    worth it. if all your lawns are free of things
    to hit then you don't need these spacers.