1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet 21" Mower

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Landscape89, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I wanna get a new 21" over the winter for next spring. This Cub Cadet has caught my eye and I am really considering. It's got the Vac- system on it, a "Cyclo-Cut" feature, Electric Start, Powerful engine, swivel wheels for zero-turning and a 6- speed drive. If you ask why a 21" it is because I do only about 10 lawns and it's all I have the $ and room for right now. Here is the link: http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_14101_89414_33831_-1#

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

As long as it has the Kawi on it and not MTD's crappy engine, you should probably be fine for using for a year. We recently sold a used one in great shape for $150.
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I looked at getting a Snapper which is very similar and also the John Deere, both were very cheap construction. The casters looked like they would wear out in one season. Now a Snapper commercial mower is built very solid, will come with a Kawi or a Honda and can be had for around $750, but will lack the swivel casters.