Cub Cadet 36" WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JD1128, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JD1128

JD1128 LawnSite Member

right now i mow with a 22" mower and a guy offered to sell me his Cub Cadet 36" WB mower. Said he used it for 10 lawns all last season and only four this season. Bought it brand new 2 years ago for $2825 and is looking to get $1900 for it. It has a pair of gator blades on it and he has a brand new pair hes going to throw in as well and a new air filter. Still has about 2 months left on the warranty also. Selling bc due to second child being born with medical problems and has to take him to the doctor 3 times a week so he cant mow anymore.

Is this a good deal, price sound right? Any reviews with cub cadet brand mowers?
  2. JD1128

JD1128 LawnSite Member

anybody? just looking for some guidance from an experienced guy on this deal
  3. richard r

richard r LawnSite Member

Check out what it would cost you brand new.

I am not sure what the values would be for a used machine. To me, you never know what's really the deal with used equipment, not even from someone I personally know.

Anyways, I've been using an rzt50 for three years and pretty much satisfied.
  4. JD1128

JD1128 LawnSite Member

thanks for the reply
  5. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

i have the craftsman pro 36 which from what i hear is basically the same machine. it leaves a nice cut and isnt too bad to handle. if youre upgrading from a 22 this wouldnt be a bad first mower. theyre solid and relatively easy to fix if crap does decide to go wrong.
  6. JD1128

JD1128 LawnSite Member

bump it to the top
  7. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

if it is a hydro then heII yes!!! Even if its not it does sound like a good deal still.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

dude...get a REAL mower!!

you can get a used commercial hydro for that don't want that MTD pos.