Cub Cadet 3660 - Any comments?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 911 Turbo, Feb 18, 2001.

1. 911 Turbo

911 Turbo LawnSite Member

First off - great forum!
    My boss is looking at the Cub Cadet 3660. My first concern is the 25 Kohler in it. Anything else to watch out for? Thanks for your help!

2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

If this is a lawn tractor, I'd definitely try to discourage your boss from buying it. Probably 95% of commercial mowers currently available do not have a steering wheel. Also, Cub Cadet is most likely not your best bet for a mower to make your living with. MHO, Lynn

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I will go along with Lynn on this one. Very few if any members here use Cub Cadets to mow with. I'm not familiar with that model number either, but if it's a tractor or the new ZTR made by MTD, keep looking around and demo demo demo.

4. MrFikit

MrFikit LawnSite Member

gorrell
    Cub Cadet Commercial is on eof the best up coming mowers available right now. Check-out Toad on "New Machine Cub Cadet Commercial" and see how those guys feel about it!

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

MrFikit,
    Please see my post in the "New Machine Cub Cadet Commercial" thread.

6. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Mr. Richard Martian, ladies and Gentlemen....self appointed Quality Czar for the commercial mowing marketplace. We are so lucky to have access to his oppinionated views. God Bless America, Holy Cow, pass the Wheat Thins, Mable!!:rolleyes:

7. hubb

hubb LawnSite Member

This looks to be the same as the Cub Commercial Tank and the MTD Pro MMZ models. Those that have that specific model have no complaints that I know of. I think if you can get one with the Kawi moter in it, you might find it a bit more reliable. I have 13hp Kohler on my w/b and 19 Kaw on my Scag. I have no compaints about either one. But I have heard some bad things about the 25 Kohlers. Try a search on them. Good luck to you and yours. Later.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

And again I reply, go read the other thread.

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Just another attempt by a manufacture to copy the best out there........................Dixie Chopper!

Of course they can try like all the rest but none can do it as good as the best.