Cub Cadet 4-stroke Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MUDFLAP, Sep 6, 2007.

1. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP LawnSite Member

Anybody here ever use one, if so would appreciate any opinions you may have, thanks in advance

2. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

POS!!!!!!!!!!

Look at where the rope is, that means when it break the whole engine comes off. Its actually a design by Ryobi if I remember correctly. Stay away.

3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Haul ass and buy an Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa, Redmax, or Tanaka. Pick the cheapest commercial (SRM210 Echo, FS80 Stihl, etc etc) whose dealer is both close and good to deal with. The quality and power are all close, and are far overkill if you're seriously considering a Cub Cadet weed eater. They will all be running long after that POS has been made into razor blades.

4. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP LawnSite Member

Ok, plus they seem to be a little heavier than the 2-strokers. Getting to where i can afford some decent equipment now, bought a GRAVELY-260M in the spring, and thinking of getting a decent trimmer now, be able to run with the big dogs soon, lol . But seriously thanks for the advise

5. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

my suggestion would be a shindiawa for a trimmer. in my opinion there is nothing better. just my 02

josh

6. MUDFLAP

MUDFLAP LawnSite Member

Will prob buy a couple echo trimmers, thats what i see all the competition around here using, seems to be the standard.+ have an echo blower,dont know how old it is, bought used, and its been real good to me the last couple years.

7. joshco84

joshco84 LawnSite Senior Member

i think most are a good choice in there commercial lines. shind, echo, kawi, and redmax to name a few.

8. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Just make sure and stay away from the "homeowner" stuff that many have resorted to making. Echo's GT line, and the Stihl FS45 and 55. I'm not sure if the others make a "cheap" one, but the entry level commercial units are still alot of trimmer, and reasonable on price too.

9. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Total POS machines.

Believe me, I tried them for their clockwise head rotation.
    They are just a Troybuilt... total homeowner junk.

If you want a full-blown 4 stroke trimmer, look at Honda and Robin.

If you want a Cub trimmer for commercial use, then look at the Cub Commercial trimmers.

http://www.cubcadetcommercial.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category2_10401_17504_33799_33798_33798_-1