Cub Cadet 48" Hydro Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnmower man1, Jan 24, 2007.

1. lawnmower man1

lawnmower man1 LawnSite Member

Does Anybody Use One? What Do You Think About It? I Bought One Yesterday Any Advice Or Tips Thanks.

2. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

They are very good machines i have owned one for two years now. The only problem i ever had was the linkage between the hydro and the handle you push foreward would stick because i didn't know there was a grease sirk there greased it and it was fine . Other than that works great.

3. green1advantage

green1advantage LawnSite Member
    from ny

I'm looking at that same model the dealer is the only one in town what price were you guys paying

4. Fox Lawn & Garden

Fox Lawn & Garden LawnSite Member

I've had one for 5 years. 17HP Kaw w/48" deck. It's a beast. I like to use it more than my tank. It's got some guts, too. I've moved a Lincoln Mark5 with a dead battery to mow underneath it. :>)

5. lawnmower man1

lawnmower man1 LawnSite Member

I bought mine with 5 hours on it. So I got it as a demo $3800 thanks for the replys

6. green1advantage

green1advantage LawnSite Member
    from ny

i called about 5 or 6 dealers everyone was4100 to 4200.id also looked at the lesco before they did away with the float deck kind of scares me about parts so I'm most likely going with the cub

7. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I was quoted $3050 from one of my local Lesco dealers for the 17/48 walk-behind. This is supposed to be the black one, #708700, with a floating deck. I was told that price was good through March 31.

The 19/54 was $3250.

Andy

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a cub cadet 17/52 walk behind I got it brand new in 2003 for $4,200.00 and never had any problems with it.