Cub Cadet Ad

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jan 25, 2001.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Have you seen the Cub Cadet Commercial mower ad in the trade magazines? On the back of the mower it has the word "TANK". Any idea what this stands for?

P.S. I'm not intrested in getting a MTD mower.

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Its the name of the mower. Its says The TANK.
    [​IMG]

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 01-25-2001 at 07:25 PM]

3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Nice pic, So MDT bought out Cub? That machine didn't look to bad. I bet since there called cubs they pricey.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

MTD bought out the lawnmower division of International over 15 years ago when Case bought out the Tractor division of International. It is hard to keep up with who bought out who.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Case also swallowed up Ingersoll-Rand back then somewhere.

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

check out a pick of a lesco machine. it is exactly the same. i think MTD makes them all.

7. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

IR swallowed bobcat(skid steers, not mowers) after that....long food chain in the industry, huh?

Anyway, you sure that TANK isn't a personalized licence plate for the guy sitting on the mower? LOL

;)

8. Michael Fronczak

Michael Fronczak LawnSite Member

Lesco, MTD, & Cub are all made by same company. From what I understand, it was a joint venture between Lesco & MTD, around two years ago, I don't know where Cub fits in. I do know that they have same mowers(different colors), and that as of right now Lesco's prices on Vipers went up, way up.

9. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

John Deere has stayed the same and they are the only company left in the Ag arena that wasn't bought or sold or merged with another company. They just bought Great Dane but it is going to be run as a seperate company for a couple of years. Did you know that JD spends $1.5 million per day in R&D (for all product lines). I think that is impressive. Yes, my wife says my blood is green.

Matt

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is true, however, John Deere has used several different brands in the past for "their" products too. I had two (still have one) of the older walk behinds from the early to mid '80's. These were built by Bunton. This was the same time JD was using Echo for all their 2 stroke equipment.