Cub Cadet Advice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeffvane, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jeffvane

jeffvane LawnSite Member

So, after a reasonable amount of searching I have opted for a Cub Cadet. I'm at a loss if there's one model that's better than another.

I intend to deal with a local implement dealer and they have a 2006 Z-force 50 with 15 hours on it. But...it appears to only be $500 less than a new price. Cub also is offering 0% for 36 months.

The Z-force 50 is appealing to me, but also the RZT 54. Is the z-force a heavier duty machine? I am comparing the two and don't see a great deal of differences and the RZT's kawasaki engine has it's appeal to me, but perhaps that's just in my head and the Z-force 50's Kohler is just fine.

There also is a 2005 M60 Tank with 185h on it available for $6250, but I don't think I need that level of machine.

I'm new to Cub and ZTR as a whole...I grew up with garden tractors. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I'm certainly not a grass pro...just a guy with an acreage (a bit 2.5 acres). Thanks!

Jeff

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have 2.5 acres to mow and you want a mower that will give you better service and have a much longer lifetime with less trouble --- I'd recommend going with a tank.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I second that!!!! Get the 60" TANK and it will last you a lifetime mowing 2.5 acres. We have 2 60's and a 72".:cool2:

4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

The RZT models are strictly a homeowner grade machine (sometimes less even). The Z-Force is a little heavier built and is even covered for 1 year for commercial use. If you can afford it, go with the Z-Force model over the RZT.

5. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

The tank is great like every one said, I have a tank 54 and still after 4 years runs great and no real big problems at all, but IMO if it is just your lawn and the price you want check out the cub cadet ENFORCER I think it comes in a 44 or 48 and fairly priced, if you are not doing any amount of lawns.