Cub Cadet, anyone use their commercial stuff?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tejas241, Nov 17, 2004.

1. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Hello all! I have been comparing all the major manufacturers ZTRs... Have gotten some great advice on many types but have found out very little on the Cub Cadets. I can save a couple thousand dollars on a Lesco which I understand is EXACTLY the same as a Cub. Do any of you use the Cubs and Lescos? Do they cut and hold up as well as say exmark, hustler, toro, scag, etc?

2. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey bud, I have got a new demo CUB TANK 54. I have used it only this season, so it runs great. No prombles at all yet. Cuts find and it bags find. I also was looking at new zero turns and found the cub was built find and price was right. Also make sure you find a good dealer because you'll go back for parts and what not. Good luck and I know there are alot of choices. But I think just about any name brand might be fine because there is alot of company to get your buss. so they will build a good mower. Find yours and make some money payup payup

3. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

i used a cub commercial ztr this year for about 1 week. i was impressed with how comfortable it was and the manuverability. but it didn't mow worth crap. it was a 44" and 15 kawi. my 15 kawi 48" gravely wb had 5 times better mowing quality. the cub left clumps and missed blades of grass constantly i sharpened the blades and still no difference. it had less than 40 hours on it. my advice is stay away and spend more money for a quaility mower.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

you have a pic of the 44" cub ztr? :)

5. Dig-it Landscaping

Dig-it Landscaping LawnSite Member

no i don't one of my employees own it for thier personal use and he wanted me to try it out. sorry i can't be of more help

6. N.H.BOY

Hey Dig-it landscaping, I dont know where you got that 44" Cub with a 15h.p., but that must not have been a commercial mower because the smallest one cub makes is a 48" with 18 h.p. They do have what they call a residential mowers that are smaller and cheap made, but again they only make a 44" with 20 h.p. Im not busted on you man, Im just trying to get some facts out to other people. If im wrong please someone let me know!!!! :cool2:

Beer is on me Dig-It Land :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats why I wanted to see a pic, never seen a commercial 44" :)

8. tejas241

tejas241 LawnSite Member

Thanks fellas! Is tha free beer only for dig it?
    So... you guys are really happy with their commercial stuff? Have you used it with any of the other biggies?

Thanks - Rod

9. N.H.BOY

What do you mean by"other biggies?" Yes im happy with it so far check out the web site cubcadetcommercial.com

10. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

You're correct Wriken, Cub Commercial doesn't make a 44" Z. :dizzy:

He must have been looking at a ZForce or RZT which are homeowner models.

My Tank has a great cut and stripes extremely well also. :waving: