Cub Cadet commercial H1748 for.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scapegoat, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat LawnSite Member

Is this a decent deal?

Brand New Cub Cadet Commercial HF1748 W/B

Dual Hydro
    Kawasaki V-Twin OHV 17 HP
    Electric Start
    48" fixed deck
    6mph
    2 year warranty

I can get this for $3500. Decent deal?

2. pcguy

pcguy LawnSite Member

EXCELLENT DEAL. POINT US ALL TOWARD THAT DEALER!!! (And yes, I meant to do it in caps) :blob3: :blob3: :blob3:

3. Scapegoat

Yeah, I thought it sounded pretty good. Not very familiar with the commercial side of Cub Cadet, but I've been searching the forums and overwhelmingly what has been said on them is positive. At $3500 not sure how I can go wrong. I really liked the dealer too. Best I've been to so far. That's a selling point right there. And only a couple miles from my house.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Cub Commercial=Lesco=MTD PRO.. All are the same machine.. And they are good equipment. That's not too bad a deal.

5. Scapegoat

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. If I don't like it, it's inexpensive enough that I can purchase another one and keep the CC as a backup.

6. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

i bought a brand new one in april and love it and i paid 4,100 out the door if that is the hf1748 it has a floating deck. need info give me a hollar crabtree_landscaping29@hotmail.com :D

7. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

Make sure you getting the one below. It has the floating deck and the command cut which I think allows you to change cutting height with a lever.
    They don't seem to offer any other hydro then the one listed below. They use to offer one like you mentioned.

HFF1748 $4199

17 HP* Kawasaki V-Twin OHV Engine,
    * As rated by Kawasaki.
    48" Floating/Fabricated Deck.
    • Professional grade Kawasaki V-Twin OHV engine provides the strength for year after year of tough, reliable power and durability.
    • 48" floating fabricated deck with Command Cut System. The 10-gauge steel top is reinforced at the spindle areas.
    • Fully welded, one-piece engine deck is tougher than the competition's bolted design. Constructed of strong 7-gauge steel with no bolts or hardware to vibrate or loosen over time.
    • The wide rear stance provides greater stability on hills.
    • Ergonomically designed dual hydrostatic controls make this unit the easiest walk behind to use in the industry.
    • 5-gallon fuel tank capacity provides for longer running time and increased productivity.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Does it have the pistol grips turning grips or the new style? On the web site they , at least I did'nt see a pistol style hydro. You may be getting a 1 year old machine.

9. Scapegoat

Yeah, it's the older one. Pistol grips. Fixed deck. It's the H1748. Not the HF or HFF (my mistake in the first post). However, it does have the electric start.

Pistol grips don't bother me, and neither does the fixed deck, since most evey lawn is crazy flat and St. Augustine grass. (Florida ya know)

Still think $3500 is a fair price even being a year old? Considering what I've seen other 48" dual hydros go for with fewer HP and recoil start, it seems pretty good to me.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

its a good deal, I paid 3200.00 back in 2001 for my 48" hydro, pull start. Plus your getting one of the better machines on the market.