Cub Cadet Commercial "The Tank"

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Steve's Mow & Trim, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Alright I am looking to get a new or used commercial grade ZTR. The Tanks are among the less expensive commercial ztr's, and I was wondering if any had advice about these mowers or a testimonial from those who have used or are using the "Tank". Thanks

2. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Well I don't have experience with them. I've seen a few LCOs around here that have them.

General consensus seems to be that they are good machines and stripe well.

I'm sure Envy will give you his .02 on this, he runs the Lesco Z-Two which is essentially the same machine as the Cub Tank.

I do know that you get more engine choices with the Tank over the Z-Two.

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, what he said... Bumping this back to the top!

Also run a search on Envy Lawn Service or Lesco Z Two (same as the tank) and you will find MANY threds filled with info!

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Tanks are good mowers for the money. Make sure though you get one with the suspension seat. The only thing I don't like about themis they're a little slow compared to other mowers. My .02 would be to go with lesco, same mower but about $1,500 less if you go with the 60" deck and 25 Kawi ($6499 in there mailer they just sent out.)

5. Fox Lawn & Garden

Fox Lawn & Garden LawnSite Member

Hello,
    I have a M54 Tank with a grass collection system (the hopper one) for 4 years. No major problems.
    It's the perfect name for it. Very tough machine. I would reccomend one to anyone.

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the 60" tank from cub cadet. It's a well built machine

7. Grass-Masters

Grass-Masters LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they are, but make sure you can get parts and service for them in your area. I had to sell mine because of service reasons. They are great machines, but I hear cub has better engine choices, and are better at serviceing the machines. To me that is well worth the extra $1000 or so. Good luck with your purchase. They cut beautifully.

8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I had to sell Five Lesco mowers due to poor service or should I say No Service:cry:

9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't you guys have other small engine repair shops in your area? I know that if anything goes wrong on one of our machines WE are the one's who fix it. Good thing about lesco is that if you need parts you can go to either your lesco or cubcadet dealer for the parts just cross ref the numbers. These machines are not that hard to work on.

10. Steve's Mow & Trim

Steve's Mow & Trim LawnSite Member

Ya I wouldnt have any problem getting parts or service for any of these mowers...I've got a great place about 2 min up the road that services just about everything.