Cub Cadet commercial?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thinksnow, Sep 19, 2006.

1. thinksnow

thinksnow LawnSite Member

Hi fellas,
    Im considering a cub cadet comm. for my property. I have 2 acres of mostly lawn. I am currently cutting with a older JD 52" WB and I want to goto a zero turn. My buddy is a landscaper and said because of the size of my property and my weight (300 lbs.) he suggested I get a commercial machine. He said I would quickly destroy a homeowner machine. That being said what is everyones experience with the cub cadet comm? Im also considering an exmark lazer ct. A local dealer gave me a price of $5899 for the 48" model.

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You ever considered a Dixie Chopper?

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

The cub and the lesco are the same machine. Getting to be that time of year when lesco will be selling left overs and demos at low prices. As far as comparing the exmark and the cub, if they are in the same price ballpark exmark. Any of the above will serve you for years.

4. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Any entry ztr should serve you fine. Weight shouldn't be that big of an issue. I don't want to be a Jerk but maybe a Walk behind? Its exercise and you get to cut your lawn. I am on 3 acres of grass and I use my JD walkbehind on it. I'm one skinny lil chap. good luck finding your mower

5. thinksnow

thinksnow LawnSite Member

I've been using a walk behind for 3 years now. Your right the exercise is great but in the summer heat it just plain sucks. My yard is pure sun light. No trees at all, looks like a golf course fairway. If I take one water break it takes me about 3 hours. I also had surgery for a torn miniscus in my right knee 3 years ago so I'm ready for a zero turn:)