Cub Cadet Commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by capnfrantic, Aug 27, 2001.

1. capnfrantic

capnfrantic LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a 54" Cub Cadet Comm. Z turn, I have read all the posts about why I should'nt have bought one. I will let everyone know how it holds up. Somebody had to do it....:angel:

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

My Lesco dealer says that their Viper has had a lot of improvements made to them. Since they are basically the same as what you have, I hope this is true. I wish you the best of luck with it and let us know how it holds up. Will this be run a lot of hours each season?

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I recently bought one, 60" Got about 75 hours on it. No problems yet. Alot of the reason I bought Cub was dealer, found out this week # 1 in nation for sales and service, beat out 3000 other dealers. Have got lots of complements on the quality of cut. I like the rear one piece drive system, w/plantery gears, like heavy logging equipment. I have the Kaw 23 engine

4. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i have an mtd 48 hydro w/b and it
    sucks and since it is the
    same thing as a cub or lesco
    stay away from all hydro w/b
    terribly designed and dangerous
    i only got 80 hrs and my dealer
    dont want to trade it in because he
    wont give me nothing for it $800-- cost $3000 new

5. capnfrantic

capnfrantic LawnSite Member

not as many as you guys run them, should be around 225 hrs. per season. BTW it seems like it has excellent striping potential. It actually comes with striping instructions! Don't worry though, I know where to look for that kind of info!

6. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

HUSTLERS What was your problem with the unit???????? Capnfrantic good luck and have fun with your new mower.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

There is a fellow that does commercial mowing behind my property with the Cub. I think his says Tank. It does a really nice job cutting and stripes very well.