1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cub cadet commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Jul 11, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

i was browsing the web last night and came across Cub Cadet with a commercial line. Their hyrdos and ztr look like good machines. Does anyone have them. If so are they good machines?
  2. Who's on first

Who's on first LawnSite Member

We currently have one 60" and one 72" tank in our line up. Very happy with both. Had a couple minor electrical problems with the 60" and Cub took care of it promptly. The 72" is powered by a 33 hp generac. It eats up pretty much everything we put it in and both give a nice quality cut. We were all Scag at one time but happy with our move towards the Cubs.

Bottom line though, the dealer is the difference and our Cub dealer is the greatest. (He was a Scag dealer until Cub proved itself)

Go for a demo, what's to lose?
  3. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a lesco w/b and its the same as the cub commercial. works and cuts great

picture 009.jpg
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Got 3 ztr riders, and a hydro w/b, need I say more

wall of cubs 007.jpg
  5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought 2 MTD Pro in 1998. And they are still running.
  6. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

i've got one of there first commercial walk behinds good machine. 48" hydro. only problem i had with it was one of the seals on the hydro leaked but thats it. im trying to sell it now for something newer.
  7. mowingmachine

mowingmachine LawnSite Senior Member

I also have one of the older 48" hydro walk-behinds. I believe it was made in 1993. I have been very satisfied with the cut quality. Mine also leaks on one of the hydro seals. Do you ever have any trouble getting the controls adjusted on it? I am currently having trouble getting it to zero turn in the one direction.

8. Powell_Landscape

Powell_Landscape LawnSite Member

Just bought an M48 with the 20HP Honda and I absolutely love it. Cuts great, its built very heavy, and the Honda is great on fuel. I work at a Cub Dealer as well and the Tanks we have sold have worked flawlessly except for one M48S which is a stamped deck machine with the Kawasaki. This customer is always throwing out the bearings in the center spindle. Most people know by now but in case you didn't MTD bought out Lesco and their machines are now marketed under the Cub Cadet Commercial Label.