1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Enforce

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenandClean, Apr 19, 2007.

1. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

I am thinking about up grading mowers. I am just getting started but i have a Cub Cadet Z-Force with a 44" deck. It is one rated as a residential mower so I thought i should up grade to something with a stronger deck. Has anyone heard anything about these new Cu Cadet Enforcers? If so what? Thanks a lot
  2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

From what I can gather they are commercial machines but of a lesser grade than the Tanks. They do use the same command cut deck which is a mighty fine deck and cuts great in all conditions. If your going to be the sole user of the machine I think it will do just fine for you because you will take care of it unlike an employee. For that matter the Z Force may work ok if you are easy on it.
  3. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I am trading in my z-force 50" and picking up an enforcer 54" saturday. I am cutting sat/sun I'll let you know how it is.
  4. GreenandClean

GreenandClean LawnSite Member

Hey how did your new Enforcer cut for you?
  5. snowjeep

It cuts awesome!!!!! It does not seem much faster than the z-force but you can cut at full speed. It feels like a rock compared to my old z-force. If you have any questions just ask and I'll let you know, I only have 4 hours on it so far.
  6. dardoninc

dardoninc LawnSite Member

I would be interested to see how the one piece pump wheel motor works out for you.
    I had a zforce 48 and did not like it
  7. snowjeep

I am not sure on what you mean. 1 peice pump wheel? If you explain it to me I will let you know.
  8. james mcdonald

james mcdonald LawnSite Member

I believe that he is talking about the one piece integral pump/wheel motor combination for each wheel - Hydrogear zt 2800. Not sure what the life expectancy is on these units compared to a separate pump wheel motor set up for each wheel or how much shock they will take.

On a separate note, at what level do you cut your grass with the new enforcer, 1 1/2 inch, 2 inches etc.?
  9. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

how big of a price difference is there for a enforcer vs. a tank for same cutting width ??
  10. snowjeep

I can't tell you how well or long the hydro gear will last yet but one nice feature is you can can the hydo fluid. There is a fill tank looking cap for it under the seat. I cut all properties 2.5 - 3.0 inches, the only clumping problem I had was with 1 lawn I had to take off 4-5 inches. The price difference is around $2,000.00 I think. I did not look at the tank due to weight. I was worried about leaving ruts since most of my accounts are residential.