Cub Cadet Enforcer 48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gcunning1968, Jun 19, 2007.

1. gcunning1968

gcunning1968 LawnSite Member

My wife bought me a Cub Cadet Enforcer 48 for Fathers Day. The price point for this mower was much lower than any other commercial mower does anyone know why that is? Keep in mind this mower replaced a 20 year old John Deere 160 I am not a commercial business owner. I am just looking for your professional opinion on why the cub comes in so much cheaper than any other commercial mower. We got it for $4699. Thanks for your help and al the info

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know really. I laughed at my dealer when he told me about this mower however when I took a look at it I was IMPRESSED. And a great price! I still think cub has to prove its self in the commercial market but I think I would put this mower on my trailer if I wasnt dedicated to green. You have a great wife.

Cheers
    Jeff

3. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

Cub Cadet is not the only one making entry level commercial, scag has the freedom z, and there are a few others. I have the enforcer 54 and have been using it this summer for moderate commercial. So far it has been awesome. Any questions just ask.

4. Eric D

Eric D LawnSite Senior Member

Man! What a wife!:) She sounds like a keeper for sure. If you have a chance how about posting a few photos? The one on the Cub Cadet website are not very good.

Looking over the spec's it seems like a pretty good machine. I was impressed that it has 4 rear striping rollers. Keep us posted on how it is working out for you.

Congratulations on the new unit!:usflag:

Eric D

5. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck and "May the Enforcer be with YOU":laugh:

6. gcunning1968

Thanks for all the info. I must agree with you on the wife she is great. She sacrificed a new bedroom suite in order for me to have the mower!!!

7. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Compared to a RZT 50 from Home Depot....Keep in mind this is my 44"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here it is..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Man, you really take care of that ATV lol. Its not really good leaving all those tires on there. You'll ruin the shocks.

9. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lmao...It's dead right now. I blew like 5 fuses in it, and sunk it...

10. gcunning1968

I have about three hours on the machine the cut is great, the ride however is a little rough but I have been told that this is to be expected. So far no problems to report. The machine powers through thick tall grass with no problems. I am very happy with the purchase especially the price.