1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by carolinaborn82, Mar 4, 2008.

1. carolinaborn82

carolinaborn82 LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I am just getting started in the business. I bought a cub cadet push mower a couple of months back and I love it, I am pricing a cub cadet weed eater right now, it is getting really good reviews. I would like to keep most of my equipment from the same company. Overall does cub cadet make a good product?
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I have heard good and bad things about their equipment. I personally don't use any of it because I think alot of it isn't made to the standards of other commercial equipment. I would suggest that if you do continue to buy Cub Cadet to buy their commercial grade stuff since the homeowner equipment won't last all that long for you.
  3. bigheadhunt

bigheadhunt LawnSite Member

been in business @ 10 yrs all cub-cadet their trimmers are a little heavy, but the performance and reliability are as good as any. the blowers are great but i havn't tried any other brands for any particular amount of time.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

The commercial grade equipment the Tank and similar product lines are generally well liked. I have read mixed reviews on the hand held equipment. Remember MTD owns Cub Cadet. MTD is not always known for its quality.