cub cadet going down hill?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chief5139, Dec 1, 2004.

1. chief5139

chief5139 LawnSite Member

So guys what do you think is cub cadet going down hill since mtd is getting cheaper. they used to be the best out there now I don't know there ztr that are in tsc are not holding up. so what do u think?

2. poonero

poonero LawnSite Member
    from ny

when you say they used to be the best out there what do you mean?

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I am a little confused too on what you mean

4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Is this a trick question? I never knew that MTD wasn't cheaply made and sold. ;)

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

When was MTD ever the best?

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

even the old MTD products I feel were yucky.

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

He's talking about back when Cub Cadet was owned by International Harvestor and they made only garden tractors or shall i say miniture farm tractors because they were built just like a farm tractor. I have a 102 with a 12 hp Kohler that is 30 years old with a tiller and snow blade and its just like a farm tractor only on a smaller scale. Thats when they used to be the best and I still think that they have the best Riding mowers even though they are owned by MTD they are still built better than anything else.

8. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

The zturns at TSC are the homeowner versions. They're not Cub commercial.

9. Sam-Ohio

Sam-Ohio LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

That zero turn Cub at Tractor Supply is supposed to compete with the little homeowner Dixsons and Toros. I hope you don't think those type of units are made for a pro to use, do you ?

The commercial grade machines [Cub Tank] are built and perform just fine. Many many people post on Lawn Site about how well their Cubs and Lesco brand zero turns perform. These machines are only sold by real servicing dealers though, not Tractor Supply or any other box store.

10. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

My Cub Tank is great. I dont think these are crap machines at all. The Cub Commerial is what you want and not at all cheaply made.