1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet LT1042 not cutting like it should. Need help.

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Redsnake97, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Redsnake97

Redsnake97 LawnSite Member

Newbie here, but was given this website as a link for some research and I hope someone can help me out.

I have the above referenced mower and for some reason one of the 2 blades doesn't seem to cut as well as the other. This model has 2 21" blades and I just replaced them 2 weeks ago and the blade on the right doesn't cut the grass very well. It would appear that the blade on the right is VERY dull but that's just not the case.

I have the mower set up to mulch but I would think if that's the problem both blades would be cutting poorly.

I wonder if I could have a belt slipping or something that would cause the one blade to not be getting full power.

Anyone familiar w/these mowers and if you can give me anything to check I'd appreciate it.
  2. Bert's Landscaping

Bert's Landscaping LawnSite Member

You might want to check your spindles. I know the spindle on the right side is a little more difficult to grease. How often are you greasing the spindles? Also check the deck skirt. Sometimes you can bend the skirt and it will affect the way it cuts. The skirt is a piece of metal that is bolt to the bottom edge of the deck. I have hit roots and bent mine and it did not cut good and kept hitting other items that I normally just ride right over.