Cub Cadet M-48 Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by razorman, Nov 17, 2004.

1. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

How many of you use Cub Tanks? How many use the bagging system that Cub has? What do you think of it? Me personally I not happy with mine,In my area the dealer where I bought it said they have never mounted this bagger unit on a 48" Tank. Cub said it is suppose to work on all their mower decks 48,54,and 60. It does'nt work to well on the 48", keeps throwing belt.Been fighting it all summer. Any Ideas? Thanks :waving:

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

look around for wriken. He uses 3 to 4 tanks.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, he has a garage full of 'em, and could tell ya a lot about them.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

If the belt keeps coming off you need to check the pulleys and make sure they are in good shape. If the pulleys look like they are fine then replace the belt and see if that helps.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

if its throwing belts you will have to make sure the pulleys are all aligned up, I had to put a washer or 2 under the top pulley on the collection part, that hooks to the mower deck. This made it the correct level going to the spindle pulley. It came off a couple time, that cured that. Other then that I'm super happy with the tank, and their collection system, very close to a peco type brand. If you need I may be able to get a pic to you sometime today. Let me know. :)

7. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

That would be great if you have a picture I would like to see it. Thanks Paul

8. wriken

here is one, I put a couple washer under it, that was causing mine to throw the belt, cured it.

collection system 001.jpg

9. razorman

razorman LawnSite Member

Is this on a 48 or a 60?

10. wriken

2004 m-60" :)