Cub Cadet M48 Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jdlynch, Apr 23, 2006.

1. jdlynch

jdlynch LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Is the Cub Cadet M48 Tank worth considering up against a scag Tiger Cub or the Emark Lazer HP?

The Tank looks good on paper, but, how is its quality over-all? I had eliminated the tank from my list due to its association with MTD. I am aware of all the junk that MTD is putting on the market.

Also, if I should re-consider the tank, does anyone have any idea what dealer cost is on a Tank? Perhaps 20 or 30% off list?

Envy, I'm anxious to hear your comments on this one.
  2. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

$6199 For the m48 tank. Very similar to lesco. Excellent Products.
  3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think MTD has anything to do with Cub Commercial. Quality as good if not better then most.:)
  4. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

Does Lesco make the Cub Cadet Tank series?
  5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Commercial Turf Products makes Lesco and Cub Cadet Commercial.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

It's definately worth considering. They are as good as any on the market if not better and possubly less money. They are made by a company called Commercial Turf Products which is owned by MTD. These mowers are not made in the same factory as the residential equipment.
    I'd have to disagree with you about MTD equipment being junk. If used for their intended purpose they are as reliable as anything.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That's the correct answer...

Yes, these mowers are definately worth checking out.
    The Lesco walks all over the eXmark out in the field, so....

To be honest, I bought a Lesco on the spot after a demo. I 'thought' I liked the machine then. But man, after I got it out in the field, I started finding thing after thing after thing I 'really' liked about the machine. They have a lot of very slick features, in comparison to other mowers, that you don't come to appreciate until after you have had it a while.
  8. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My first ztr was an M60 I bought in 2000. It had a 23 hp Kawasaki. The only problem was the first year, both the front wheel spindles broke on separate occasions. I'm sure they've worked that out by now. I'm a Hustler man all the way, but that cub was one of the best "quality of cut" mowers out there.
  9. HDFF03

HDFF03 LawnSite Member

Can you elaborate a little on these features? I am in the research phase of buying a mower.

10. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Just tipe in cub tank on the search , you'll be reading all night about happy owners of cub tank's.:sleeping: