1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet M50

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Huckster, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Huckster

Huckster LawnSite Member
    from NC

I sold my Exmark 60" Lazer Z over the winter and now need a new zero turn. I only have 4 personal properties to mow now so no need for the 60" anymore. I found a 2006 M50 with 493 hours one owner and used only for residential. How are these? I only have about 3 acres to mow a week. I know even the Cub is overkill for my properties but I don't want the big box store junk or a lawn tractor. Got used to the Commerical machines and want another. Is the Cub ok and will it last? It has a 23hp Kohler and I think a stamped deck not a fab deck. I really want the Toro or Exmark but can't find one at the price of the Cub. I can pick it up for $2200. What do you guys think

2. Huckster

Huckster LawnSite Member
    from NC

How are the hydros on the M50 tank. Are they integrated if so I don't think I am interested.

3. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

If its a tank it has a fabricated deck as far as I know. I have a Lesco and the hydro system is like any other ZTR with cooling fans added. The Lesco ztwo and tanks are identical machines.

4. Huckster

Huckster LawnSite Member
    from NC

I went to buy it buy when I got there it was not what I was expecting. After owning an Exmark it look not as well built. It looked like a homeowner model. The deck was super thin and beat up. If it had a fab deck it would be a whole lot better. So I'm still looking.