Cub cadet M54 induction bagging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scfalconry, Mar 22, 2006.

1. scfalconry

scfalconry LawnSite Member

I have a cub cadet ZTR 23hp Kawasaki. It has rear bagger (3 cloth mesh bags) and chute that runs down to the deck but does not have belt driven power plant and blower unit. I'm not happy with performance when I run into wet leaves or piles of leaves. Would like to hear from someone that has the power plant/induction system on a similar cub cadet tank, to see how they like the set up.

Thanks
    Marty

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, you have the 3 bagger with the blower pipe thing instead of the Peco type.

I've been thinking about getting the same one possibly.
    So are you having clogging problems or something?

3. scfalconry

4. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got the Lesco collection system installed 2 days ago. I havent used it yet but it seems like a sweet set up

5. scfalconry

Chefdrp,
    If I try to private mail a forum member it tells me I don't have access. I'd like to give you my e-mail address so I can check back with you after you had a chance to test your new set up. If you don't mind... email me. My address is Marty(@)SCFalconry.com remove the parenthesis to e-mail me. Didn't want to attract spam by posting my address correctly.

Wish you the best with the new bagging system,
    Marty

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I heard the 3 bagger units with the little blower assist works pretty good, was told they would not perform as good as the peco type, in heavey wet stuff. My peco type will plug also with very heavy grass, have to go slow.:)

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok Marty. We just got about an inch of snow and is cold so it will be prob a week before we do cleanups.

8. Envy Lawn Service

OH, ok... so you have the bagger, but it didn't come with the blower ($546).

I myself just realized that evidently the bagger does not come stock with a power supply. So through Lesco, a guy would pay $504 for the catcher, then and additional $546 for the blower huh?

Tax and all, that would put it to $1,123.50

I just don't think I would use it enough to justify that cost.

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

$1,123.50 is pretty good for a complete catcher system. Some manufactorurs are really geting nuts and are charging $1,600 to $2,800 for the same set up! Feel free to check around, I think big red's are about $1,800.

I agree, a catcher without a blower (induction or whatever they need to call it) is pretty useless. That's homeowner technology and will only work under ideal conditions. I saw one of those at Lesco and I kinda laughed. Glad to hear they do have blowers available as well!

10. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah, but still... that's what I say.

Anyways, the blower on this bagger system is different than any other.
    I guess that is what scfalconry is getting at and asking about.

This system literally blows into the tube instead of having a blower in the tube.