Cub Cadet M54 Tank Before and After...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Mowinforaliving, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a used Tank with 332 hours from an individual that needed a little TLC. After some factory paint, new decals, and thorough cleaning I think it turned out pretty nice. Opinions welcome. This is my first experience with Cub Cadet Commercial. I've always ran Scag, Grasshopper, and Bad Boy in the past. The Tank seems like a solid built machine. Mine has a 24hp Honda with a 54" deck.

032.jpg

034.jpg

2. Mowinforaliving

Here's the finished product.

072.jpg

076.jpg

074.jpg

3. Mowinforaliving

I changed the paint color on the pulley gaurds from black to yellow. The newer models are like this. I think it gave the mower a little more style. The new decals really brought it back to life.

4. Pro-Lawn&Grounds

Pro-Lawn&Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

wow that looks like it was done by a shop ... did it always have a honda or that was put on later?

5. Mowinforaliving

Thank you. I spent 6 hours on it. Spent some time at the car wash pressure washing everything first. After that, I removed the rims/tires, the control panels, and all the nuts and bolts I could without disassembling everything too extreme. I taped everything off and sprayed on a few coats of paint. Once everything was dry I put the new decals on that I ordered from Parts Tree. As for the engine...I don't know for sure. The hour meter shows 332.8 hours. I bought it from an individual that owned it 2 years. This model came with a 24hp Honda so I think it is the original engine.

6. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

very nice,looks great.

7. Mowinforaliving

Thank you.

8. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice job. Good luck with a cub, hope you got a good deal on it.

9. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Good job.:clapping::clapping:

10. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great!!!!