Cub Cadet Model 23HP Z-Force 48 Pricing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whitaker24, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Whitaker24

Whitaker24 LawnSite Member

Whats the going rate on this mower? The deck size is a 48, and it has a commercial grade deck on it, with the stripping kit an a Kohler engine. Hydro Gear ZT-2800 with oil reservoir.

2. Heatman

Heatman LawnSite Member

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

DON'T DO IT. You'll thank me later. Spend your money on a better built mower.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a former Cub dealer. DO NOT buy that machine if you intend to use it for commercial mowing. It is not even a good homeowner machine. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

5. Whitaker24

Whitaker24 LawnSite Member

No Im looking at it for residential mowing my 2 acres at the house and cutting mother in laws business yard, thats it. What makes it such a bad piece of equipment? Dealer says it has a 2 year warranty.

6. Mowingman

from Texas

Cub has terrible quality control at the factory. The Z Force is just a poorly designed, cheaply built piece of trash. Deck, spindles, pulleys, belts, controls, linkage parts, you name it. All are items just waiting to fail. Cub used to have a 3 year warranty. I guess they were going broke trying to keep the junk going that long. That Zforce will be in the shop so much you will curse the day you bought it.
    Also, Cub is terrible about keeping parts in stock at the factory. Last summer it could take weeks, or months, to get a part as common as a blade, for Cub machines. Listen to me, I know what I am talking about!!!!!!!. I was a Cub dealer. DO NOT BUY THAT MACHINE.

7. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

the dealer by me always have what I need for my tank and or my buddys 3 tanks .........*trucewhiteflag*

8. Mowingman

from Texas

Yeah, but look how close you are to the factory and distribution center.

9. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

location , location , location , but you are closer to cheap workers..........