Cub Cadet mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Tiger, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Turf Tiger

Turf Tiger LawnSite Member

I have been looking for a new mower and I have found a 2006 exmark with 306 hours on it and trailer for 6000. Or there are brand new Cub Cadet Tanks that cost 7500 or 8000 brand new with warranty. I am trying to decide what to get. Any info on cub cadets and how they cut. Usually I like exmarks or scags but trying to save money.

Also if any of you guys have any contracts or proposals you would consider giving away I would really appreciate it. Thanks

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 2004 tank 900hours 19 kaw been a great mower nice lines , never to the shop , best mow on the street .....................
  3. Turf Tiger

Turf Tiger LawnSite Member

Thats the other thing when you are buying 2 mowers. I mean do they have to be the same size deck or brand or can they vary if you are mowing on a big place. I mean will people be able to tell the difference driving by between a 60 and 54 mowing on the same property. I am trying to save money and buy 2 mowers and I have always used the same mower so I wouldnt know the difference. I want the used exmark and the cub cadet. Or would I be better looking around for 2 mowers of the kind and deck.
  4. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I own a Cub Cadet Tank 54" (2006) model. It gives an excellent cut and has the command cut deck.

Cub has come out with a select cut deck and the posts about these new decks claim superior cuts and striping.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I love my TANK with the select cut deck. It stripes st. augustine which is usually impossible. Its a great mower that gets me many compliments because of the great cut quality.
  6. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

if you want to save some money the REcon which is just under the tank but with same deck is incredible.. I bought two 48" this year and have very very happy...
  7. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive got the Tank 54 cut and its a 2004 and still running strong. I think the 54 deck is a good size deck for mowing and stripes great. You might want to get a W/B 48" deck to fit in tight places. Yea mt Tanks has NEVER been in the shop:clapping:
  8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Where is a dealer near you? Epsom/Northwood?
  9. mtnzone

mtnzone LawnSite Member

no bartlett... nh...bartlett service center... great group of guys..