1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cub cadet or a toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve LawnWorks, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Steve LawnWorks

Steve LawnWorks LawnSite Member

Looking for either in a commercial grade.
  2. BRIDGE577

BRIDGE577 LawnSite Member

I personally would not buy any thing cub cadet my first year I bought cub equipment 75% of it did not make it through the season without major repair. It is good for home use but not comm.
    As for the other co. I know nothing about them
    I do know how ever you get what you pay for and if I can give any advise at all is don't buy cheap tools.If you are a small co. and you buy cheap and it breaks the other guy will be taking care of your customer while your equipment is in the shop.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally I'd go with the Toro.
  4. Steve LawnWorks

5. agm

agm LawnSite Member
    from NM

I agree. I bought a couple cub cadet blowers and they did not last a season either. I took them to get repaired and I was told it would be cheaper to buy new ones so I bought Toro. So far they seem fine, of course the season is just starting so we will see what happens.
  6. Steve LawnWorks

what model ZtR would be good for commercial use?
  7. Steve LawnWorks

how about the toro 525?
  8. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with toro personally i havent ever used a Cub Cadet ZTR but i do know that i have a Toro Zmaster (27hp 52" w/ turboforce deck) and i would say that it is one of the best if not the best ztr on the market IMO look into which dealer is the best
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have 5 cub/mtd pro, mowers, all have been good to me. If you in a market for a rider, I would probably go with a 60" model.
  10. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I also have a cub tank m54 it has payed for its self 10 times over and never had a single break down.