1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet or Gravely????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bunky, Mar 3, 2004.

1. bunky

bunky LawnSite Member

I'm looking at a Gravely 60 in. hydro or a Cub Cadet 4814R Which one should I buy??? Any opinions would be helpful...
  2. Lowes_Landscaping

Lowes_Landscaping Guest

Do you mean a Cub Tank? I'm not sure of that model
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

As a Gravely 272z owner, I'd pick the Gravely 260Z as a 60" mower. Itsn't Cub made by MTD?
  4. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Anything but Cub Cadet.
  5. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I have no experience with the Cub, but am quite pleased with my Gravely. Neill
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I know nothing about the gravely, but I have a 48" MTD pro, a tank 60", and a tank 72",. I have had great results from the cub's, matter of fact I'm getting another 60" with a kohler 27 in about 3 weeks. But all in all the differant mgr's are pretty much the same mowers
  7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

what do you mean.............. Cub's are a good mower. there is a little bit of mtd in just about every mower
  8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

I like the tank!!
  9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

thats true, alot of differant mower mgr's have mtd built hydro pumps/motors in them. But we have been thru this a 1000's time, look close you will see similar thickness decks, same hydro's, same motor options, same size/thickness frames, I could go on and on. There all pretty good mowers, check out the service part of your local dealer. This is why I'm with cub, could have very well been a exmark, scag, or whatever, but dealer support drove me to the tank.
  10. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

I demoed a Tank with 27 hp Kohler and 60 cut last weekend. Nice ride, smooth handling, I was impressed. One well made machine with a great warranty. On the 48 inch model I believe you do not get individual wheel motors but an integrated system. Goes a little slower I was told but I did not try one out. I would rank the ride better than a Exmark CT, about par with Hustler Z and not quite as good a Grasshopper 220/52. I am still looking, want to try all that have dealers near me before I buy.