cub cadet problesms. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cubzforce, Apr 14, 2004.

1. cubzforce

cubzforce LawnSite Member

Hey Ya'll, new here so bear with me. I bought a 2003 cub cadet z-force last july in 03'. With in the first 4 months of owning it to do my customers lawns, well, the deck belts came loose and i had to take it in. Well as i am typing this post, its sitting in the shop for the same problem. AHHH! cant cut grass when thats the only mower i have. I had a ransome/bobcat 48" varible speed commercial mower but it was old, no reverse, and just wasnt what i needed at the time. This cub z-force is an awesome machine. At the time i bought it, price wasnt really the big issue BUT this machine, for the money, had the best features among the comparables. The most impressive thing i loved about it was it had a pivoting front axle and a floating deck which i am very picky about because i hate a scalped yard. The other thing, the controls were on the right side and easy reach in a hurry, unlike some machines which are between your legs. And the width of cut wasnt too terrible bad.44" is plenty for what i need it for. It gives a great cut and NO SCALPING and its fun to ride and i am less tired than walking behind a WB. When i took it to the shop last week i was debating whether or not to sell it and get a "true" commercial walk behind. My choise was a 36" toro proline w/b with the floating deck. Also thought of others and the others were less money but didnt have a floating deck, which i must insist on having because i hate scalped yards. I would like to have a machine, between 2,000 and 4,000 that is 36" to possibly 48" in cutting width and easy to operate, user friendly and that i dont have to put back on the trailer to get another mower off to finish up or cut the back yard if the customer has a tiny side gate. Any suggestions? Sorry about the long post. Hope to hear from ya'll.
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what you should have done in the first place, but we all start somewhere, try a cub tank M-48, w/fab deck
  3. cubzforce

cubzforce LawnSite Member

well here inlies my problem wriken, at the time i bought my cub i came into some inheritance money. Bought the cub, new trailer and all my weedeaters and edgers and etc.....Also i was looking for a ZTR rider because of my compressed disk. I cant stand too long before it starts getting tight and hurting me. So thats why i didnt get a w/b. And i have never liked a sulky seat on a w/b because the pinching of the legs when going up a hill or losing control while topping a hill and not being able to reach the controls. SOOOO thats where i am now. The zforce is an awesome machine. its done me well in 2003 for what i needed it for. I am small time, fixing (hoping) to go big soon. Just need some help and hell GOOD CREDIT.haha. thanks for the reply