Cub Cadet Pushmower opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fvstringpicker, May 16, 2003.

1. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

What's your opinion on a cub cadet 21" push mower for routine trimming and small areas. It looks relatively well built but I may be overly impressed with the Kawasaki engine. I'd rather have the Toro proline but the intended usage doesn't really justify the cost, at least in the short term.

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a lawn boy 2- stroke, runs very well, but probably could go with a 99.00 next time, just don't use it much.

3. hnter

hnter LawnSite Member

i have cub and white 21" mowers (same mowers, really)...none have kawi's...none are self propelled, so i can't speak to the performance of the drive gear (if that matters)...all are over 4 years old and have held up to moderate use--about 7 hours per week--just fine...not high dollar machines but they've proven reliable with nothing more than routine maintenance...

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Buy an MTD..same thing as Cub way less money!!

No, really...buy a Honda or something a little better and get your money's worth!!

5. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

Fvstring, I had a 21 cub that I bought new. I sold it in a yard sale yesterday for $50. This thing was a pc of junk. The height adj.'s would not stay put ,they would move while you were mowing causing a scalp. One of the wheels fell off the thing shortly after I got it. They look nice and the brand is a good one ,but mine vibated so bad it caused all kind of problems. So I sold it and bought an older Toro to use for my trim mower. The Cub Cadet 21 even said MTD on the rear plate so why pay extra for the yellow paint ,just go to Walmart and get a $99 MTD. It' basically the same thing ,or better yet try to find a used more expensive mower for your trim mower.