cub cadet residential

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hockeyman, Sep 1, 2007.

1. hockeyman

hockeyman LawnSite Member

hi i was wondering if anyone has any input about a cub cadet 50'' residential z mower. i am thinking about buyingone when i get a little more money maby after the winter

thanks if you can help mike:canadaflag:

2. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

I have one that has close to 175 hours on it. The only thing ever happened to mine is I hit a hole in ground and one of the pot welded cables supporting the deck broke. Cost me $7 to fix. Other than that a good mower and leaves a good cut as well. Plenty of power.

3. hockeyman

hockeyman LawnSite Member

does it strip at all

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is a GREAT machine for cutting your lawn.

5. corey1977

corey1977 LawnSite Senior Member
    from maine

I have one 145 hours broke a deck belt but I think its because the grass got a little ahead of me this spring lol

6. corey1977

from maine

p.s. the only thing I dont like is the mowing dekc shuts down when you back up safety thing you no

7. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a RZT 50 with a 22hp Kawi. At first it was great, but the quality of the cut slowly went downhill even with keep adjusting the deck and stuff. To get a good lookin lawn it needed to double cut everything. It had a new deck bolt put on late spring and the blades are alwys sharp. It has around 210 hours on it.

I fixed that. Take off the big black plastic covers were the control levers go through. You will be able to see the switch that turns off the blades. Use a socket wrench and remove it from the frame, turn it around so the switch is now facing down and remount it. Now I can mow in reverse.

8. corey1977

from maine

ok I will do that

9. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote: turn it around so the switch is now facing down and remount it. Now I can mow in reverse.

Are you able to mow forward now ? Just kiddin'.