1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cub cadet sc621

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shawnslawns, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Shawnslawns

Shawnslawns LawnSite Member

Anybody have any experience with this mower? It is a 6 speed self propelled push mower that lowes sales. Caster wheels on the front. And has a bagger. Have a chance to buy one at lowes that has been brought back. Retails for 419.00. I can get it for 175.00. Looks to be brand new. What do you guys think. Should I buy it or not.
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Why was it brought back? I looked at a similar one at lowes 3yrs ago. I went and bought an ariens at a local dealer with the caster wheels and bagger. The service if something breaks is what you need to look for.
  3. The Dude

The Dude LawnSite Member

I have 4 of those ariens mowers and one yard man (which is identical to the cub). I really liked the ariens save a few things. I hated the height adjustment in the front. I kept losing those stupid little pins, the would get caught on a fence and pull out. I wore out all 4 transmissions in them as well.

The yard man is ok, does a good job cutting, not very good mulching. I haven't broken anything on it yet.
  4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

For $175 i'd say you should get it. It should be easy enough for you to get that much use out of it and a lot more.
  5. Hacksquat

Hacksquat LawnSite Member

I have one. For 175.00 it's a good deal. I paid 500.00 for mine last year. It's a heavy mower. On a yard with a grade it doesn't pull that well. You will be pushing it up a grade. The caster wheels works great on flat property. But, on a grade I lock the wheels straight.
  6. Shawnslawns

Shawnslawns LawnSite Member

The mower was brought back because it wouldn't start. They send them to a mechanic and he checks them out and fixes them. He said it had water in the gas tank. He put new plugs in it and changed the carbeurator on it said it works fine now. Mower looks good.
  7. twwlawn

twwlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have the S621 and I paid 400.00. It bags and mulches pretty good. For the 175.00 that's a deal there, get it.
  8. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I have a SC621 and I paid $225 at lowes because it was returned, anyways it is a good mower, devours leaves and that kawi cant be stopped, it will cut 12" tall grass down to 3" in one pass at top speed without even hesitating