Cub cadet tank LZ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TNWS, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

Anyone useing this new style mower ? I have a 2006 super z & I'm wanting to trade for a new mower. The new super z list around 12 grand & the tank LZ around 7,900.

I love my super Z but 4 grand difference:laugh: ??? My dad has an older tank but i don't like the way it handles. The new one handles sooooooo much better.:) So if you have one how do you like it ??

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

I haven't run one of the new ones, but they don't look to be as well built from what I've seen of them.

Down side now is the 48's only come with a Briggs "commercial" grade engine. Looks like I'll be making the switch to another brand...

3. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

the concept looks cool just wondering how it cuts!
    Looking at getting one too!

4. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

My dealer is coming this morning to look at my super z. If he's close in price I own the tank LZ 60.:)

5. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I'm now the owner of a tank LZ 60. A proud owner ?? Time will tell !

6. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

Well.... I went to my local dealer today, my sales man said "If you buy that mower first dont tell ANYONE I sold it to you. Also the moment you load it up and take it your trailer just know im going to be Laughing my @$$ off!!" he said they have had problems with the bearings, once the grass gets up under the deck i'll have steering problems, etc..... Also the mower slows down to turn.. Sounds like a pain. I will go with my salesman on this one!

7. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

I'll let u know today about the slowing down part. Was he talking about the motor slowing down or the deck ??

8. TNWS

TNWS LawnSite Member
    from IL

Well it's official.......I'm a PROUD owner of a TANK:weightlifter: LZ 60 !!!!!!!!!!! I mowed with it today for 3 hrs. Yes I would buy another one tomorrow !

So if your still laughing:laugh:your wasting your time.:cool2: Now if I were you I would find me a different salesman to deal with. If he works for you fire him .:waving:

This mower is a new style for 2012.....just released . So don't think anyone has had or used one long enough to have a bearing problem. So if your still thinking about buying one......the green go ahead flag is waving.:)

9. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats on the new purchase! hope it continues to treat you well.

10. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

Post some pics of the new toy!