Cub Cadet Tank M48

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by touhey33, Apr 18, 2007.

1. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I am thinking of selling my tank and buying a larger hydro walkbehind I was thinking the Ferris comfort control DD. How much do you think I could get for a M48 with 500 hours on it. It has the 20hp honda v-twin engine. Also how much do the new ferris walkbehinds go for.(side not, I just got a quick 36 samurai, and its a very nice machine.)

Thanks

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Sshould be able to get at least $ 4,000 for it, I would thnk.

3. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

The new tank m48 with 23 kaw is retailing for 6800.00 with a three year commercial warranty. I would be hard pressed to pay 4000.00 for one with 500 hours and no warranty.

4. lifetree

pedro -- Considering that the expected life of that machine is at least 2,500 hours and probably closer to 3,500, I don't think 60 % of the purchase price today is unreasonable in light of the fact that only 20 % of it's useful life has been consumed ... just my opinion.

5. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Any one esle have any input, also What is the
    MSRP on the Ferris DD walkbehind 52". I am interested in that one, I especially like the quick height crank.

6. pedro

pedro LawnSite Member

I don't disagree, but I find the used commercial market in my area to be very cruel. One reason is that people don't have the cash in hand and have no way to finance so there are limited people who will buy used commercial machines.

7. lifetree

Your point is also valid and well taken.