Cub Cadet Tank M60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlr1, Apr 12, 2007.

1. dlr1

dlr1 LawnSite Member

can anybody tell me a little about this?how does it compare to other commercial mowers? i have scag and ferris, should i change?:dizzy:

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

well i went to lesco and was interested in one as well last season, i asked if i could demo one and they said no way they dont do demos, i said listen guy im not going to spend 8-9k on a mower i have never used, let alone seen cut, i know no on with one so i had no idea how well it did, he pretty much told me i was out of luck so i went and bought a 10k exmark, lol
  3. coryc_23

coryc_23 LawnSite Member

I run a M60 tank had a 2005 traded it in on a 2006 wide track love it i have a susp seat on my unit wouldn't leave home with out it. The tank is in my opinion one of the best out there has a 25 hp kaw best engine that the only engine that we run also have a exmark 27hp 72" cut . when you compare the cut there about the same can hardly tell which mower mowed it,but i also built my own stripe kit that uses stock brackets that are all ready bolted to the deck with a few more little tricks to get that good stripe. rides nice, the only thing that i don't like is the floating front axle i leave mine locked but maybe thats because the exmark has a fixed frame . p.s hope this helps any more questions just ask.:walking:
  4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad for the $$$$. A little slower then I prefer, floatinf front axle sucks but lock it and its ok, buy one with the susp seat as it rides like a tank. Cut quality is great.
  5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

corey 23,

Cool, you're an owner I don't think I have chatted with.

I run the Lesco Ztwo, which is exactly the same as your 2005, other than paint color on a couple of items.

So I specifically wanted to ask you... what do you think of the 'widetrack'?

It would be great for me to hear from someone like you who has owned both.

You and I have a lot in common... Tank/ZTwo, eXmark, and the opinion of the cut quality.
  6. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I have been running the tanks for 5 years now. Just sod my oldest with 1300 hrs on it. I can tell you these machines take a beating and come back for more. The cut quality is close to the best out there.Stripping is top notch. Purchased the 06 model last year, the wider stance on the new machine makes it take to the hills like a billy goat.To top it off the price is also the best!!!!!!!.
    Still trying to figure out why I want to by a Kubota?????? Have a diesiel fettish I guess.
  7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Get a Cat diesel Cub... LOL...
  8. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I know I should. Tried one last fall, neat machine .She was a little light in the front end with that CAT in the back. (need some ballast) could not go up to steep of a grade without poppin a wheelie.

The kubota 331 with the 72 is the same price as the cub 72. both coming in at 12,500 but kubota has so many more better features than the cub. I just hope the cut quality is as good as the cub!!!!
  9. mike plummer

mike plummer LawnSite Member

got m54 it been a good one 7 years old 1800 hours on it does a good job
    only thing I see they could do to help it out would be you know that lip on the back where the pumps are that the grass gets close it up
  10. Dale Mcafee

Dale Mcafee LawnSite Member

How about a Hustler Z 36 '' is that a good quality machine Iam looking for a back yard machine ?