Cub Cadet Tank Mowers??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by quickmow, Jan 16, 2008.

1. quickmow

quickmow LawnSite Member

Looking for info regarding Cub Cadet tank mowers in any size. I am looking at buying a 60" cut with 27 hp Kohler command engine. Looks like a nice machine, especially with the three year warranty that Cub offers. Who has these, do you like them, and has Cub honored the warranty when necessary??
    Thanks for your help!

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Welcome to LawnSite! Do a search for Cub Cadet, theres been many posts about them. I dont think I have ever read anything bad about them. Was considering buying one before I got the Exmark, couldn't demo the cub so thats what stopped me from purchasing. They WERE the same as Lesco I dont know whats going on now that jd took them over.

3. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Well I own a cubcadet commercial walkbehind and cubcadet commercial makes great products. I worked at my cubcadet commercial dealer during the summer of '07 and cubcadet is great about honoring warrentys and they are great people to deal with. The tank is a rock solid machine and everyone we sold one to loves it and wouldnt trade it for anything. You will not regret buying the cubcadet tank.

4. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

quickmow i just finished a season with a tank 60", i used it as a backup mower to my hustler Z and on bigger yards when we ran two mowers...my take on it is it has a wide stance which is great if you mow slopes r hills,it definately has the power, i dont think the cut quality is very good and as far as the way it is built i just dont think it compares to somthing like a hustler are a gravely are walker it more in the dixie catagory, however it is a commercial mower and i dont know maybe thats what everybody runs in your area, whatever the case you have to remember its your money so get what your going to be happy with, my advice is to demo one check it out because thats alot of money to spend based on other peoples opinions either way best of luck to you and i hope your happy with whatever you get!!!

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Very happy with my 54". Do a search and read up. THere is a lot of info on this site about them. Most of the negative that you will see is from people that have never owned one. Very little in terms of bad out there by people that actually own one.

6. brownsallseasonlandscape

brownsallseasonlandscape LawnSite Member

Had the two weeks and returned them for our hustlers. THEY STINK!!! You might as well go to lowes and by an MTD lawn mower they are all the same junk.

7. quickmow

quickmow LawnSite Member

Good advice from all. I spoke to a few referrals from the dealer, but they all were light users. We will be putting about 800 hrs/year on it, has anybody ran them at least that much and found them to be reliable and cut well? Thanks!

8. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got an 05 tank with a little over 600 hours and havn't had any problems with it yet. I think the tank leaves one of the best cuts at least on northern grasses. I've tried hustler and there no better thats for sure.

9. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

One of the best cuts I've ever seen too. Rock solid machine, easy maint., sturdy on hills. Some others are faster but for price and overall quality you can't beat the Tanks. The 2 guys here that had negative comments I don't think know what there talking about. Hustler is a darn good mower but heck it's also more $$$$ by a couple grand.

10. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

yea somtimes you got to spend a little more money for a better quality machine, if your spending that much money anyway why not get the best, some people dont just settle for whats cheap