1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToughAsStihl, Jul 20, 2006.

1. ToughAsStihl

ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Hi let me just say I have read this forum for a while and it has been a lot of help.

I have a few questions about the Cub Cadet Tank 50. I was reading and noticed it had a stamped steel mower deck. Is that a big problem? I would rather have the Tank 48 but money is tight here so the $5000 for the 50 is a plus.

Please let me know any thoughts about the Tank 50 and other thoughts about it I have not Asked.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Some of the Cubs break belts alot. Not sure which models but I hear talk about it alot on Lawnsite and from owners. Thats all I know. Some people love them and some don't.
  3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i hear that the tanks were named that for a reason, ask prostreetcamero
  4. ToughAsStihl

ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Thanks for the responses.

I know that they are built like tanks but the Tank 50 is so much less expensive than the rest of the line up and I was not sure whether it was of the same heavy duty standards as the others.

Like the stamped deck vs. welded fabricated and its lack of accessories that the others have. Whether that means its not as strong.
  5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I would go with the fab deck, I believe the 50 has a 2 year commercial warranty, vs the 3 year for a m-48, m-60, m-72, w/fab deck. If that would tell you anything.
  6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

good lord does that annoy me. If you cant spell camaro, just dont try.

If the Cubs are anything like the Lescos, I wouldnt take one if you gave it to me.
  7. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

ive only heard good thigs about them, try searching them on here you might find some more info
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You'll want to go ahead and go with the M-48 TANK or 48" Lesco Z-Two.

It's worth the extra money!
    Lesco sells the 48" for $6,299 if that happens to be cheaper than your Cub dealer.

If you can't afford that/the extra, I'd rather read you decided to finance a little or that you decided to move over to another brand and step down to a smaller more economical machine. In a lot of areas, Hustler, Gravely, Grasshopper, Bob-Cat, Country Clipper, ect... offer commercial units that might fit your price range.
  9. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

That mower you are talking about (the 50") is a step up from the residential Z-Force mowers.

48" 54" 60" and 72" are the decks available in the M-series tanks. These decks are fabricated - 7 guage on the sides
    with reinforced plates added.

Besides the front roller and rear rollers the 48" has a pair of anti scalp wheels . The 54" 60" and 72" have four of these wheels.

The Cubs are like Lesco . The mowers are the same . Envy likes his Lesco and has a good dealer nearby. I like my 54" tank and my closest dealer is about 12 miles away.

Contrary to an above post --- if anyone wants to give me
    a Lesco or Cub Tank I'll give it a new home.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Me too:usflag: