1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Tank?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcare, Aug 15, 2006.

1. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have on e of these machines? Tell me what you think about it and compare it to some of the others.

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Are you just trying to start a war ?

I don't own one but I like them because you can buy them in like new condition for 50 cents on the $!
  3. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

They are good mowers, for 6200 $ they are a steal. That is what Lesco was selling them for. There are better products out there, you have to decide if it is worth the extra money. I like to use ZTR's on huge properties so I want the fastest and nicest ride I can afford.
  5. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed them my guys and me really did not like them.I know a lot of experienced, intelligent scapers love and swear by them. Not trying to ruffle feathers but I thought the handling and balance was way off. My buddy has a 2001 500hrs, his Exmark WB's get 500hrs a season his guys also dislike them. It's amusing when he forces them use it to get his money's worth. I can't put it anywhere near my Laser Z's and Super Z's. Just being honest.
  6. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to tell you what I think about mine -- but the next post would be what they think about mine too.

7. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

I see somebody else got their issue of "TURF" today. lol Gunny Approved!:usflag:
  8. FinalCut05

FinalCut05 LawnSite Member

I have a 54" Tank and I love it. The price, quality of cut and feel is great. The 3 year warranty good to.
  9. ToughAsStihl

ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Well I would have like an easy answer when I asked this question also. Good Luck. If you looked at my thread (the one linked above) you will get mixed thoughts. I have not gotten one. Well at least not yet. I have over 30 hours use of a Cub Z-Force 44 that a family member has and I think it is great. Yeah I know its not Commercial but Cub hit it well with the heavy duty residential mower. If the tanks are as over built for commercial standards as the Z-Force is for residential. It must be a winner.
  10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

....and to think, we were thinking about going out to rent a movie for this weekend.:laugh: