Cub Cadet Tank!!!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tom c., Sep 24, 2006.

1. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me any feedback on the Cub Cadet 48" z-wing tank? I justIlooked at one yesterday and man was I Impressed! The sides fold up to make it 35.5in wide to get through gates and then fold down to 59.5in. [Its got a 48in cut] Seems like a great idea. Plus with it folded up it creates more room on the trailer!! Dealer gave me a price of 4999. Im thinking of getting one in the spring. Anyone got one? I only have one large 36" mower and this seems like a good addition to my equipment.Any Cub Cadet guys out there? Thanks for any help :confused:

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

sounds more like the cost of the tank m50 then the winged 48....

i have heard of some bugs in the folding technology, but dont know how reliable it is....

but the tanks are great mowers, reliable, great cut, and a little less expensive then some brands, but that mower usually goes around 7 or 8 thousand...

3. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

5 g's certainly sounds like quite the deal...Sure you can get it for that price next season??? It sounds to me like a closeout...trying to move some merchandise...

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search because this has been brought up before. YES, Cub TANKS are as good as they come. Not sure about the Z-Wing.

5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

im sure i heard that somewhere, dont know if it was here or not.... but if it is last years model with any problems, the 3 years warranty will cover it, ive had great experiences with my cub dealer,...

6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Dave, I haven't seen to many posts from you lately. I assume your out making money instead of typing?

I looked at the z-wing earlier I noticed it lacked many features like a Donaldson precleaner and the materials didn't seem to thick for commercial use. Although I have no experience with the machine so my opinion is just looks. Great Dane, I thought, has a similar walkbehind unit.

7. mark12

mark12 LawnSite Member
    from Ar

I saw one on ebay for 3995.00 said it was a demo with 20 hours on it...near Ft. Gibson OK. I went to my local dealer and he didn't have any nor could provide any info....he didn't know what I was talking about. I'd like to sell my small Grasshopper 40" deck and get it but I think I will try to find a walkbehind.

8. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

9. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Anyone know anyone that has one or uses one? I Would like to get a zero turn in the spring but want to make a smart move. I have mainly residentials that are gated although I have some that are not. Someone was saying that cub makes one that is close to commercial but better than a residential model {I think the rzt50?] Any input on that? Thanks again!!!

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Was he a Cub Cadet commercial dealer??