1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cub Cadet Tank....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Benz2328, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

So tomorrow I am buying myself a new Cub Cadet Tank... Mower looks awsome! Heavly built, just like a tank lol. 12mph!! 23 kaw engine. a bagger that doesn't clog! CAnt' Wait! What do you guys think! I just hope it really does a good just striping.
  2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I hope it treat you well. There are several on Lawnsite that really like the tank.
  3. Evans Lawn Service

Evans Lawn Service LawnSite Member

you will not be disappointed in this mower the cut is awsome good on hills mine is the m 60 with the 27 kohler
  4. Ooomwizard

Ooomwizard LawnSite Senior Member
    from atlanta

Almost bought one.

Got Hustler instead.

Comparing the two I saw the Hustler as very minimal maintenance. The Tank had a lot of adjustments that looked like they needed tweaking.

I assume my employees are retards, and am delighted when they're not.

LOVE my choice, the cut and operation is great.
  5. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

23 HP Kawasaki -- sounds like you have gotten the 48" or 54" Tank.
    Take care of it (reg. maintenance) and it will take care of you.

I have the 54" Tank -- 06 model.

6. Nogyro

Nogyro LawnSite Member

I'm seriously considering buy a Tank with 54" cut next week. I was told I could get either a 23 hp Kawasaki engine, or a 27 hp Kohler. Which engine will hold up the best, and would the 23 hp be large enough for the 54" deck? Thanks,
  7. Benz2328

Benz2328 LawnSite Member

I just got my tank today! If i were you i would pick the kawasaki over the kohler idk i guess its just personal preferance! but awsome mower, like it better than scag!
  8. Nogyro

Nogyro LawnSite Member

Did you mow anything with it today? :cool2:

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I WAS told the 08 tank 54 inch only comes with a 27 kohler cost around $7600 in Ohio..
  10. Nogyro

Nogyro LawnSite Member

The brochure I have only lists the 27 kohler as well, but the dealer told me either one. He has to order it in, so I guess I would know for sure then. Same price in TN as well. :)